> >    Thanks to the equiptment and expertise of the folks at the library,
> > I was able to transfer the music of my grandfather's old jazz band from
> > 78s onto a CD.  Now that it is digital, does anyone have any
> > recommendations for noise reduction software for cleaning up the
> > recording?  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Victor

I've not used the pop-click removal options in the CD-R software(s) yet...
but you might give Audacity a try. I have done some noise reduction with
it. It's not as easy to use as the full blown NR plugin for sound forge,
but it did a pretty good job.
If clicks/pops are an issue, this NR might help just fine, or you could
always track down a pop/click removal VST plugin, whcih will also work
with this program.
Oh, and it's free and the site has links to free/shareware vst plugins
even.

Chris
 |                  WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                   |
 |    Chris Moran         a.a.#707        [log in to unmask]    |
 |DMDL Computer Lab Coordinator   Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Distance Learning Network   802.656.0358     Lafayette 407|