Given the little taste of SPAM on the Advocats list recently, I'm
trying an experiment.  Any posting from a nonsubscriber will go to
the list owner for approval; all postings from subscribers will go
directly to the list.

New subscriptions outside uvm.edu have not been allowed for a long
time, but it has been possible for anyone to send messages.  The
change I've made means that:

    [] You'll have to post from an address under which you're subscribed.

    [] If you need to post from multiple uvm.edu addresses, subscribe
from all those addresses, and set all but one to "nomail".

Please let me know if this poses a hardship, or if it doesn't work as intended.

-Dean Williams