Hi Mark,

You managing the Essex Christmas count this year? Who do I talk to about covering same zone my team did last year?

Thanks,

-Rick

At 12:00 PM 11/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Great stuff Roy. Roy's work as well as the work being done at other
Important Bird Areas (IBAs) around the state by Audubon Chapters and other
volunteers is a great example of how we can all work to help protect birds
and their habitats. The data collected at the Lake Bomseen/Hubbarton IBA has
been important not only in the designation of that site as an IBA but also
in current attempts to reclassify the marshes within the IBA to better
protect the unique diversity of birds that use this site. Regular site
monitoring such as this is simple and fun and can be used to track
population trends as well as identify what species are using a particular
IBA. This in turn helps with conservation efforts. Thanks again Roy for your
efforts.

Mark

Mark LaBarr
Vermont Important Bird Areas Coordinator
Audubon Vermont
255 Sherman Hollow Road
Huntington, Vermont 05462
802-434-3068