It was a good start to December in my backyard feeder area here in
Shelburne today, with a reappearance of a Fox Sparrow and a new visit by an
immature N. Shrike. The shrike caused a stir in the flock of House Finches
here at the time, once they realized what had shown up near them. The last
and only time I happened to see a shrike here in my yard was one day in Feb
2000.
My last visit by an immature Cooper's Hawk this week was also interesting
in that everyone else didn't totally clear the area, but a titmouse hung
around just above and behind him in the same bush and others were doing the
same in that and  neighboring bushes.
Larry Haugh