Hi, all.  Besides the usual suspects at the feeders and bushes, we have been
treated the last several days with a large handsome male hairy woodpecker.
He's been giving us quite a show at one of our oilseed feeders.

His head markings seem a little unusual to me.   I've seen variations in
size and shape of the red spot, but this is the first time I've seen one
with two red spots.  They are two relatively small red spots surrounded by
white, on either side of a central black stripe that joins the head black
with the eye stripe at the nape. Have others seen this kind of variation?
(Just curious-- fascinated by the variations within species.)

Dayle Ann
Proctor