Thank you, Michel.  I am originally a westerner and out there the markings
between the two are nearly identical-- the main differences being body size
and length of bill.  Until now I had no idea that one could distinguish them
here by the spots!  Regional variations are so interesting.  By the way, the
male hairy we had the two years previously only had a single red spot, sort
of a band across the nape!

Dayle Ann