I just returned from a great day at Chimney Point bridge and the Champlain valleys of Vt and NY.  I was surprised at the low number of raptors about - did see 3 Red-tails and 2 Rough-legged Hawks in the valleys but the duck show at the bridge was super!  In addition to the large numbers of Mallards, American Blacks and Common Mergansers, there were both Greater and Lesser Scaup, Common Goldeneye, Ring-necked, Northern Pintail, Redhead, a single Canvasback and the Tufted Duck was still hanging around to entertain us.  Several Bald Eagles put on an intermittent show as well.  But, as I said to some fellow watchers, "I never thought I'd ignore Bald Eagles to watch ducks!"
Mona Bearor
South Glens Falls, NY - foothills of the Adirondacks