Had a great second day of the season at Okemo. I still can't believe that it is only the first week of December! There is so much snow, and it has snowed so often already, that I did not expect conditions this good for a few more weeks.

The day started out pretty chilly, with snow squalls for the better part of the morning. Okemo has several trails open off each lift, with the best coverage on Defiance, World Cup, and Timberline off the summit. Chief is pretty hard, with sections of pure boilerplate. It seems as though Chief has been intentionally made slack and fast, maybe to facilitate racing?

The trails were empty all day, lines non-existent, and the turns were fast and fun. If you can, get out and ski now, because this is the best early season I have seen in a couple of years.

Vive glisse!

Colin.