I got so riled up after hearing about disappearing content on government websites I actually wrote a letter to a sympathetic columnist at the San Francisco Chronicle.  He did use the item:

"Speaking of brains: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention determined that there was no link between abortions and breast cancer. It said so on its Web site. Conservative Republicans made it remove that information. Why? Because pro-life groups have been using that "fact" to scare women seeking abortions."

A small mention but better than no one caring!  I also assume he did the reseach to verify the bit about why the content was removed.

Sara Pimental, MLIS, AHIP
Content Project Manager
(510) 271-2360

Permanente Knowledge Connection
Kaiser Permanente's National Clinical Library
http://pkc.kp.org

"Gardner, Beverly" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

12/06/2002 12:16 PM
Please respond to "Gardner, Beverly"