On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Don Tripp wrote:
> The 768/128 speed is actually Kbps.  That would mean your measured download
> speed of 300Kbps is less that half of the rated speed.   An upload speed of
> 128Kbps is actually pretty good unless you are trying to run a server.

Sorry.. I KNEW someone would read it that way.. should have been explicit.
I get up to 300 kiloBYTE/second download on a good day.
No joke.
That said... ...
As for upload speeds... I do upload file to work often... large files
too... as for servers... I run them.. but only for personal connectivity
and remote access... too slow for much else.

> My measured speeds range around 700-740 Kbps download and 100-140 Kbps
> upload (yeah, sometimes it's higher than the rated speed) on Verizon DSL.

What's the max KBYTE peeps get on average?
10Q,
Chris
 |                  WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                   |
 |    Chris Moran         a.a.#707        [log in to unmask]    |
 |DMDL Computer Lab Coordinator   Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Distance Learning Network   802.656.0358     Lafayette 407|