In my hasty attempts yesterday I overlooked the obvious.  I was trying
from Finder to Go, Connect to Server afp://giraffe which wouldn't work,
but Go, Connect to Server smb://giraffe does seem to work.  Would someone
with a Mac (OS 10.1 and higher) and a Giraffe account be willing to try
this method?

That still leaves the people using OS 9 in the dark unless in the
Chooser's AppleShare CITZONE there is a choice for giraffe?  Not running
OS 9 at the moment.  Do any of us still have 9 as our primary OS?  Could
someone try?  If I don't get responses I will quit out of all applications
and restart in 9, just a bit of a pain. :)

I am looking further into MacSSH, Fetch (their new major release will
support SFTP/SSH2), and Fugu.

--
Stefanie B. Ploof
CIT Client Services, CALS ITO