Just so you know, you still can afp to Zoo:

afp://izoo

I haven't tried since afp was last updated, but a bug in afp caused OS
X to crash hard (as in, no time to save work and you have to reboot by
using the power button) if you mount Scratch space then try to open it.
Mounting your personal directory does not cause problems.

No problems with smb, though.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Rob Maurizi wrote:

> Kevin- Thanks! I was missing the "fs".
>
> -Rob
>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Kelvin Chu wrote:
>
> > Use SAMBA.
> >
> > -k
> >
> > smb://zoofs.uvm.edu/rmaurizi
> >
> > On Thursday, Jan 16, 2003, at 11:36 US/Eastern, Rob Maurizi wrote:
> >
> > > Hey all- Is it currently possible to AFP to Zoo from OS X? We used to
> > > be
> > > able to AppleTalk to Zoo running older Mac OS.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > -Rob
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Rob Maurizi
> > > University of Vermont
> > > Center for Teaching & Learning
> > > Digital Media Development Lab
> > >
> > --
> > Kelvin Chu, Physics Department, Cook Building
> > 82 University Place, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0125
> > http://www.uvm.edu/~kchu/; (802) 656-0064; Fax: (802) 656-0817
> >

> --
>
> Rob Maurizi
> University of Vermont