Roger Lawson wrote:

> I think Steve was one of the few who was able to get
> Newton's handwriting recognition to work.

Or rather that I was one of the few who though it was
worth a $1,000 to give it a try. :)

My interest in the Newton, and now the Palm, comes
mostly from the implications of the new title of this
thread.

Computing is blythly accepting a model of communication
that is, at best, 19th century.  The dominant mind
set is paper, not electricity.

Of course that's not true of computing when you take
a global perspective. China, India, Japan, Korea, ...
none of them are imprinted on the typewriter the way
we have been.

Future computers are more likely to have paws and
ears rather than keyboards and screens ...

Steve