------------------
If you have run Windowsupdate on a Windows XP system lately, chances
are you noticed the arrival of Windows Movie Maker 2.0.

MM2 has been in beta for a while now, and it has been attracting a lot
of attention in the home Digital Video world.  It is a major upgrade of
the 1.2 version, and now features many more transitions, titles,
special effects, and output formats.

A less-than-objective review can be found here:
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/wmm2.asp

This weekend I produced some home movies which are too boring to share
using my Panasonic PalmCorder and MM2.  It took all of about 15 minutes
and required no reference to the documentation at all.  Very cool, it
is.

Looks like some real competition for iMovie this time... let the flame
war begin.

-Greg MacKinnon
CIT Client Services