Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProStef, If you select the AppleShare icon in the chooser in OS 9, you should get the option to enter an IP address/DNS name. However, this is appleshare over IP (afp://) ONLY, by design. -Bess Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProOn Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProWednesday, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProJanuary Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro15, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro2003, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Proat Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro03:Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro18 Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProPM, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProStefanie Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProPloof Hiragino Kaku Gothic Prowrote: Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProIn my hasty attempts yesterday I overlooked the obvious. I was trying from Finder to Go, Connect to Server afp://giraffe which wouldn't work, but Go, Connect to Server smb://giraffe does seem to work. Would someone with a Mac (OS 10.1 and higher) and a Giraffe account be willing to try this method? That still leaves the people using OS 9 in the dark unless in the Chooser's AppleShare CITZONE there is a choice for giraffe? Not running OS 9 at the moment. Do any of us still have 9 as our primary OS? Could someone try? If I don't get responses I will quit out of all applications and restart in 9, just a bit of a pain. :) I am looking further into MacSSH, Fetch (their new major release will support SFTP/SSH2), and Fugu. On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Mike Austin wrote: On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Rob Maurizi wrote: As for the FTP piece, I'm also a bit fuzzy-- Is all of Zoo going to move toward an sFTP protocol? I have yet to find a good sFTP client for the Mac. We already support sFTP on Zoo, and have for years. We highly recommend it's use over traditional FTP. We will hopefully be turning off FTP by the end of 2003 on Zoo. There are two options I know of for graphical sftp on Mac: 1) A free one: http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/ that some people have spoken highly of. 2) A commercial one: http://www.macssh.com/ that others have spoken highly of. I haven't used either of them. I don't know if/when CIT will support either. Anyone from client services have any thoughts about this? mga. -- Stefanie B. Ploof CIT Client Services, CALS ITO Computing Analyst II University of Vermont