------------------
Great question. I'm curious about the answer to this as well.  I've
designed what I think is a "secure" Webform, but I'm concerned that in
its travels through the e-mail system it loses its "secureness" (if
that's even a word!)

John

At 03:46 PM 1/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> Hi Mike:
>
> Could you tell me how secure information would be, were it sent from a
> form
> I created to my email?  Like at
> http://www.uvm.edu/~irisx/irisxReg.html or
> http://www.uvm.edu/~helix/WISapp.html ??
> I can make the forms, etc...but is it safe to use them to get people's
> credit card numbers for a chemistry conference?
>
> Best,
> Trav
>
> At 03:18 PM 1/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Dean Williams wrote:
>>
>> > The Footprints problem tracking application is currently down.
>> CIT's
>> > Technical Support Group is working to bring it back up as quickly as
>> > possible.  I guess this means no one will experience any computing
>> > problems for a little while.
>>
>> People can start having problems again.  Footprints is back on-line.
>>
>> mga.
>
> Travis S. Delaney
> Information Technologist
> HELiX/EPSCoR Programs
> 216 Marsh Life Science
> University of Vermont
> (802)656-9477

John L. Sama
Assistant Director, Living/Learning Center
University of Vermont, Burlington VT  05405-0384
Phone: (802) 656-4200
Fax: (802) 656-0812
http://www.uvm.edu/~llcenter