Right now, according to Toast.net (http://toast.net/performance/), I'm connected at 723K (download).

MM

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Moran [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DSL users?

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Mike Austin wrote:
> I have Verizon DSL too, and have been happy with it, especially when I
> talk to my friends who have Adelphia PowerLink!  Download speeds are
> consistent, almost all the time.

I got lots of good responce... but I didn't get one thing.. NUMBERS.
Although powerlink is supposedly only 768/128, I get up to 300KBps
downloads often. I don't know how it's done... but it's pretty real.
What are the actual numbers you V-DSL peeps are getting?
128 up still sucks... but I can deal with it for a while... Adelphia
doesn't "allow" serving anyway... hehehe.

I have the Adelphia guy coming today to check the signal... I did think
it'd be great to have the self install kit for Verizon sitting on my desk
waiting ;)

Chris
 |                  WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                   |
 |    Chris Moran         a.a.#707        [log in to unmask]    |
 |DMDL Computer Lab Coordinator   Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Distance Learning Network   802.656.0358     Lafayette 407|