Help!!!!  I need some advice on what is the appropriate way to handle
reallocating budgeted funds.  Some background information--the voters
residing in the Sewer District voted at last Town Meeting to authorize the
expenditure of $986,913 in capital expenses, of which $888,000 was to be
bonded.  The capital budget for the Sewer District included a line item for
$60,000 for manhole cover replacement.  Our Water/Sewer Department
Superintendent advised the Selectboard last night about a sewer line, which
runs across the river, which is in need of immediate repair.  He asked if
the funds from the manhole cover replacement can be reallocated to the
repair of this line.  Does the Selectboard have the authority to reallocate
the expenditure or does this need to go back to voters of the Sewer District
to authorize the reallocation?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

Joyce L. Mazzucco, CVC, CVT
Randolph Town Clerk & Treasurer
7 Summer St., Drawer B
Randolph, VT 05060