In Middlebury we have always reduced the size of the print to fit them on
the pages without going into the margins. We combine pages when it is easy
to do. We do not use alot of time trying to combine everything we can. The
problems we have found with that is that sometimes the top or bottom of
something gets cut off and we have to redo it. Also if a page inadvertently
gets missed when copying we are always able to squeeze it in to the right
place when we have left space. When we get everything as tight as possible
there is no room for error.