I know this is too late for your testimony, but Marshfield is currently
doing a reappraisal.  We have just over 800 parcels and we are paying
$60,000 for the appraisal company, plus approximately $7,000 - 10,000 in
additional labor and supplies for our listers.  Our last reappraisal was in
1994, and with the way property is selling around here, we will probably be
in CLA trouble again in a few years.  You are correct - the $4800 - $5600
per year that we receive from the State will not be enough to fund the
reappraisal as often as we need to do it, and we have to ask the taxpayers
for additional taxes to cover the cost.
-Bobbi