Since the Selectboard is also elected, were they going to punch the time
clock as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Searsburg Vermont
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: time clocks

At 09:15 AM 1/22/03 -0500, you wrote:
>   How many town clerks that are elected have to punch a time  clock?
>Ulla Cook, Ludlow

  Hi,  I was directed to punch a time clock and fought the issue as

I took it personally that I was perhaps not trusted as I am paid by the

hour and the Selectboard did not push the issue after hearing  my

reasons for objecting.  Only our road crew punch it now.  The
board{actually
one board member}

wanted all elected officials to punch one when they were at the office

working!!!  How about that???  I have a time sheet I keep an accounting
of my

hours worked.     Josie  Searsburg TC