In Arlington we vote the Town Budget from the floor and the School Budget by Australian Ballot.  We have done it this way for at least 20 years and probably longer.  Last year it took 4 votes to pass the School Budget.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Sandy <[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
  Date: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:24 PM
  Subject: Form of Town Meeting

  I am doing a survey on how many towns vote their budget by Australian ballot and how many still vote their budget from the floor.  If you have switch to Australian ballot: how many years have you been doing it this way and how do the voters like it?  Also, how many revotes of budget have you had to do?

  Thank you for your help.....

  Sandy Grenier
  Town Clerk/Treasurer
  St Johnsbury