Gee...funny how "volunteerism" works...my office was supposed to get a new roof using that system....it's still growing moss!

Elaine
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Town of Grafton
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 8:59 AM
  Subject: Re: shoveling snow

  The Town Clerk and I used to shovel the town hall and post office out.  We got tired of it and mentioned to the selectmen that perhaps someone should be hired.  One selectmen thought "volunteerism" would be a good idea.  He volunteered for the next storm and showed up after 10 am to shovel.  He never "volunteered" again and neither did anyone else.   Needless to say since then we have hired an outside contractor to shovel for us.

  Lisa - Grafton