Meeting on endorsementsHi all -

  I asked DOE representatives Manuela Fonseca and Anne Bordonarro (who ably
managed the session last night) to give us their personal view of the
session (rather than have one person's interpretation), so I forwarded
Dennis's previous message (see below). Here is their response:

  "Bill,
  Thanks for sharing this with us and giving us the opportunity to comment.

  I think that we do need to revisit the endorsement; however, it is to
premature to state that we will definitively change it and how.  We still
have another Public Comment session tomorrow to take comments.  We also are
receiving many written comments on the endorsements.  All of this feedback
needs to be collected and analyzed before we can make a recommendation to
the Vermont Standards Board.

  We did learn a great deal from last night's public comment session and we
need to address these comments.

  Manuela & Anne "

  This should, in NO way, diminish the enthusiasm that Dennis and many of us
came away from the meeting with! The discussion was helpful and positive,
and will hopefully lead to a  better environment for educational technology
in Vermont.

  PS - There are two more opportunities for public comment:

      Thursday, 1/16, 4:30-6:30PM at the Sprigfield Tech Center (Rm. E303)

      Wednesday, 1/22, 2:30-4:30PM over ILN

  Bill Romond

  Educational Technology Coordinator
  Vermont Department of Education