I think there is a need to allow techies access to school positions, as
Brad noted, until there is a pool of teachers trained as educational
technologists.  I had enough computer experience to qualify myself as an
integration teacher, but would be woefully inadequate as a network
administrator.  It takes a long time to learn that stuff.  Similarly, tech
people who spend their days resolving network crises are hard pressed to
stop and refocus on curricula and teaching practices.

It would be economically sound to have all-in-one (I say that knowingly,
as my position may be RIF'd).  But to what degree will teaching take a
backseat to technical needs, given, say a 60-hour week?  (Brad, you can
talk on that, I know.)

Sorry I couldn't attend the meeting in Springfield.

Marsha Carmichael
Computer Integration Teacher
Hartland School District
57 Martinsville Road