Well,

I don’t know much about Ed., but I can tell you this.

Education is a different field than IT.  I would like to see teachers setting up VPNs, NAT, AD, ISA, or even preparing for disaster recovery.

I would love to be Ed certified, but on top of becoming an MCSE I couldn’t possibly take on another challenge at this time.

I’m not paid to work with the students.  I’m paid to make IT work for the students, teachers and admin.  I’m asked ‘How could we make this work?’ and I’m the person that gives them options on how IT can work for them, easily and affectively.

I would have to disagree with this cert, it’s not realistic.  How many IT Coordinators are Ed certified?

There is a big difference between educational technology integration and technology implementation/deployment.

I believe in setting high standards, but being Ed. Certified doesn’t mean your technology savvy.

Paul Wood

IT Coordinator, RNESU