Meeting on endorsements
Hi all -

I asked DOE representatives Manuela Fonseca and Anne Bordonarro (who ably managed the session last night) to give us their personal view of the session (rather than have one person's interpretation), so I forwarded Dennis's previous message (see below). Here is their response:

"Bill,

Thanks for sharing this with us and giving us the opportunity to comment.

I think that we do need to revisit the endorsement; however, it is to premature to state that we will definitively change it and how.  We still have another Public Comment session tomorrow to take comments.  We also are receiving many written comments on the endorsements.  All of this feedback needs to be collected and analyzed before we can make a recommendation to the Vermont Standards Board.

We did learn a great deal from last night's public comment session and we need to address these comments.

Manuela & Anne "

This should, in NO way, diminish the enthusiasm that Dennis and many of us came away from the meeting with! The discussion was helpful and positive, and will hopefully lead to a  better environment for educational technology in Vermont.

PS - There are two more opportunities for public comment:

    Thursday, 1/16, 4:30-6:30PM at the Sprigfield Tech Center (Rm. E303)

    Wednesday, 1/22, 2:30-4:30PM over ILN

Bill Romond

Educational Technology Coordinator
Vermont Department of Education