Dear Students,

    The Campus Area Transportation System (CATS) late night shuttle service will
resume on Thursday, January 16th providing the same service as last
semester.  The late night service is an extension of CATS regular off-campus
bus service on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.  The extended service
starts at 12:20 a.m. and extends to the last bus leaving Royall Tyler
Theatre at 2:20 a.m.The late night service covers all of the regular
off-campus stops.  These stops include areas of Burlington's Old North End
and the Downtown area.

    Our primary goal is to provide safe and convenient service to students
traveling between campus destinations and downtown Burlington.  We would
like to remind our riders of some important safety measures:  UVM and
Champlain College students are asked to show their student identification
upon boarding.  Beverage and food containers are not allowed on board the
bus.  Smoking is prohibited on CATS buses as is true with any University
vehicle.  We also ask that passengers be seated while on board the bus.
Standees are allowed when the bus is full, however where seating is available
we expect passengers to be seated.

    For the safety and comfort of all our passengers any activity or behavior
deemed threatening, offensive, or unlawful is prohibited. Individuals
involved in threatening, offensive, or unlawful activity or behavior may be
asked to exit the bus by a bus monitor.  Such incidents will be referred to
Police Services.

    If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call John Casey,
Interim Director of Transportation and Parking at 656-2031 or Jon Badaracco,
President of the Student Government Association at 656-2053.

Sincerely,

John A Casey Sr, Interim Director               Jon Badaracco, President
Transportation and Parking Services         Student Government Association