Hi All,
I have not been on this list for awhile so I don't know if I am sending
this note to the correct address or not. If not, I hope someone will
redirect me.
Since early january I've had 8 Bluebirds at my feeder. Once I discovered
that they had not migrated I began providing them with a gourmet
Bluebird feast (dried currants from the health food store, chopped
unsalted peanuts, chopped sunflower kernels, Bluebird Nuggets and
mealworms.) They have been enjoying the feast all winter now. I have
since discovered that quite a few others have seen Bluebirds that stayed
for the entire winter, maybe due to the previously warm winters we've
had. Poor things were in for a shock with the arctic cold we have had.
Hope you are all enjoying the warmer winter weather!
Ellen Jareckie
Shelburne, VT.