On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:41:33 -0500, matt wrote:

>Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let's not get Janet excited.  There never have been and
>never will be avalanches at Mad River.  So don't say avy conditions say
>snow stratigraphy.

Susej Tsirhc. I can't even sneak a bit of hyperbole past this group,
especially anyone with a last name beginning with K.

What I meant to say is that the snow stratigraphy yesterday was quite
interesting. And also that all Yankees fans can ssik my ssa.

Formal definition: A large mass or body of snow and ice sliding swiftly
down a mountain side, or falling down a precipice. I suppose its all in
your perspective then-- after all, people in these parts consider places
skiable and days powdery that probably would not fit the definition
elsewhere. So who's to say that a 40ft slide of snow in the woods isn't an
*avalanche* of some sort? Probably someone sitting at a desk wishing they
were skiing yesterday.