Thanks Scott.  Like Island Pond, we often have a wide diversity of readings reported when it comes to temperature.  Owl's Head and Onchiota can sometimes be 10 degrees below the "official" recorded temperature.  I know we will have some in excess of minus 40 tonight.     Jimski

 Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:21:47 -0800, James Dugan <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>I guess you can't believe everything you hear on the TV. Jimski

Saranac Lake got the national sweepstakes for coldest reporting station.
When they say those things they are only looking at actual NWS weather
reporting stations. The Island Pond reading came from a weather spotter
for the NWS but not a station at an airport or city.

Scott