"matthew h. kulas" wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Eric J Krupka wrote:
> > Would someone remind me again how being a celebrity
> > automatically makes a person an expert in foreign
> > affairs, economics, or just about anything else?
>
> And just what makes a lawyer or a businessman an expert?

Hopefully, years of training.  Hopefully.

> > Just because Bode's a great skier doesn't mean that
> > his ideas on anything other than ski racing are any
> > closer to the "truth" (whatever *that* may be), than
> > mine, yours,
>
> Of course Bode's ideas are not closer to the truth than mine, mine ARE the
> truth.  But at least he is closer to the truth than the Secretary of
> Defense.

Is he still alive?  Oops- that's the VP I'm thinking of.

> > or the guy that offers to clean your
> > windshield.
>
> Isn't that illegal now?

Jeez, I hope not.  That was my career plan after I
get laid off!

> > Do your own thinking.  Gather your own facts.
> > Recognize that people have their own agendas
> > and prejudices which they are probably *not*
> > disclosing.  Make up your own mind and voice
> > it in the PROPER arena, please.
>
> Do your own thinking but don't share your thoughts?  And what is the
> PROPER arena.

Please share your thoughts.  But please try
to keep them skiing-related here and take
the rest of this thread to alt.politics.

-----

Wow, did I ever step in it!

-eric