Ben Kulas [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>We had "first tracks" up the Radio Ridge-Marshall Saddle Trail.
>Well, not quite.  Giant cat prints lead up the trail and meandered
>through the woods around us.  A mountain lion had been on the prowl
>here within the last 12 hr.s!

Yowza!  Them li'l kittys get hungry this time of year, and people seem
like good eatin', bein' generally higher fat content than your other AZ
alpine wildlife and all.

Maybe packin' a sidearm isn't such a bad idea for winter tours in the
Santa Catalina.  Most people aren't quite as good with a Swiss Army
knife as that tough Canadian guy was last season.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop