Sharon Heller writes:
> I did too! and I had Hansen boots...remember them?

I briefly had a pair of those yellow Hanson Avantis with the wax fitting
system.  The shells exploded on a cold day at Stowe and I became a Lange
guy for 25 years.

I once demo'd a pair of Olin Mark IV Comps at the Stratton trade fair back
when I was working in a shop to feed my equipment habit.  That's the least
edge hold and stability I've ever seen in a ski. When people would come
into the ski shop wanting to buy them, we were trained to say, "Olin Mark
IV?  That's a well-marketed product."  People who wanted them couldn't be
talked out of it and very few people had access to demo skis in those days.

Geoff