-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Skip King
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 12:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Your tax dollars at work

Hey, as a veteran of many a Killington Wheelerville Road
night searches - and being darned grateful for the overtime
pay they generated - I'm all for codifying that costs of
rescue are the responsibility of the rescued.

But banning it altogether?  That's typical guvmint meddlin'
where it don't belong.

Ah, well,  Vermont isn't the only state with hyperactive
legislators. Here in Maine, which is facing a $1 billion
budget shortfall in the next two years, our legislators are
busy, busy, busy.  What's on their minds? Among other
things:

- a bill to make it illegal for circuses to bring elephants into
the state;

- a bill requiring fast-food restaurants to put the nutritional
information of each item on their menu boards;

- a resolution opposing the use of force in Iraq (funny, I
thought that was a federal, not a state, issue)

Both houses, of course, are controlled by Democr - oh,
never mind.