Quoting Matt Duphphy <[log in to unmask]>:
>   Given the snow instability this season and some of the morons I've seen
> in Colorado, I'm a bit surprised there have been no fatalities yet.
> Yesterday, over 30 avalanches were reported, though seven of them were set
> off bt CDOT control work. Last week there was a 3 day period in which over
> a hundred slides were reported by CAIC. The current danger here is

Not sure if you heard but I caught ablurb on TV last night about an avi "near
Loveland, CO". I think they said Hager Mtn, which is just north of Loveland
ski area. Looked about right from the pics, it was all above treeline, no
shrubbery in sight. One bured and not yet found I think, not sure what the
outcome was.

Jerm