J. Wyatt Ehrenfels wrote:
>      As for compliance with weapons inspections?
> Powell said it most succinctly, "Concessions are not
> compliance." There is reason to believe that he is
> rebuilding his weapons as fast as he is destroying
> them. He destroys them late (he's had 12 years by one
> interpretation and 6 months by another) and at a
> snail's pace. And he destroys just enough to divide
> the international community.

What gives the USA the right to invade another country because it has
weapons of mass destruction and has invaded other countries? If we were
operating on some kind of ethical imperative, we would have invaded
Israel long ago which defies UN resolutions, invades other nations
routinely, tortures people, and has more nuclear weapons than Iraq could
dream of. Not only that, the USA has a far worse record than Iraq when
it comes to international law. It illegally mined the harbors of
Nicaragua, it very likely used biological and chemical warfare against
Cuba, it wreaked a human and ecological disaster in Vietnam with Agent
Orange and blew 2 Japanese cities to kingdom come.

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima
and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan.
The Japanese were almost defeated and ready to surrender...in being
the first to use it, we...adopted an ethical standard common to the
barbarians of the Dark Ages."

---Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy,
Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during World War II

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org