We have someone new in charge of the hospital web page at our hospital. They
want to place the hospital's medical library web page under "Patient
Services". I have two questions:

1.      Where is the library placed on other community hospital's web pages?
What do you think is the best category for the link (patient services?,
Medical services?) , if it cannot be on the hospital home page?
2.      How is placement determined? Is it only by hits to the page? Are
there established criteria for evaluating this (such as the criteria for
journals as stated in the wonderful  editorial in JMLA 91(1) Jan 2003 p. 1
"The art and science of making choices" - one quote: "day to day experience
of how journals are used...")

They also want to place all our patient education information (advance
directives, etc) under patient services ...the old term was Health
Resources)
I would be interested in any experience you have had with this.
Thank you!

Elaine Goldman, Medical Librarian
Pascack Valley Hospital
250 Old Hook Rd.