I received no responses, except two asking me to share what I find.

MLANET is one source, but it is old, 1998 salary survey, Librarians (MLS)
only, nothing about paraprofessional/technical assistants.

SLA Salary Survey -  located nothing (not a member anymore)

US dept of labor, by region and state  http://stats.bls.gov/bls/blswage.htm

ERI Economic Research Institute Geographic Reference Report .  Hard to read,

One of my most promising resources is to call individual libraries (where
you know that services are comparable, in your geographic area since regions
vary, or other institutions that are "competitive" with yours).  Then select
those that show most promise, and suggest to your Human Resource people whom
to contact for comparison.

The Employment Opportunities of the MLA (and the MLA NEWS) postings, esp.
when they include salary, are very good.  I wish that salary ranges or
starting salary would be a basic requirement.  Apparently it is not.

Occasional postings on the Medlib-L.  Again, salary ranges etc. should be
recommended.

Occasional other postings.  The best one I have is dated 09/02, posted by T.
Scott Plutchak :
It gives  a 2001 Hay Group/MLA comp and benefits  survey available on MLANET
(I got the 1998 only -?)  Anyway, it lists a median Librarian salary of
$47,300 and average of $49,995.
and states the ALA Survey of 2002 with a starting salary average of $35,000
for a Librarian, and a note that an informal survey on the CAPHIS website
from Spring 2001 found an average salary of a little over $40,000, but it
was based on a very small sample.

Dalia Kleinmuntz, AHIP      [log in to unmask]
Director, Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
847-570-2664                   847-570-2926 FAX

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of ENH.