Thanks so much to all of you who responded on my question about MDConsult!
Here are some of the responses I have received so far:

Our contract runs out today.
****
We had the "reference desk" version - one computer only at $2500.  When
physicians and others got free access through merckmedicus.com, we dropped
it.
*****
I dropped it - found it difficult to use and the retrieval was not great
within - the search . Printing was a pain - no one liked the look of the
printed article and would turn around and ask me to order an interlibrary
loan copy of the same thing.  Full text pretty limited to W. B. Saunders
stuff and now much of the back issue has been removed.
******
We had the MDConsult reference desk version.  We dropped it this year since
it wasn't getting that much use, and they were dropping that version (so I
heard - I never got a renewal notice), and the price for the replacement was
going to be a lot more.
******

Elizabeth Burns, MLS
VA Medical Center Library