Cross-posted - please forgive any duplication

Does your library develop, offer, and evaluate innovative end user
education? Do you enjoy writing? Do you meet deadlines readily and easily?

I am in the process of compiling and editing case studies in medical
librarianship for a new book to be published by Haworth Press. Tentatively
entitled, DEVELOPING END USER EDUCATION PROGRAMS, this work will feature
approximately fifteen case studies (~3000 words each plus appendices) from
academic health sciences libraries and hospital libraries that provide a
wide variety of user education programs including orientation sessions,
skills workshops, liaison work, informatics curriculum development,
evidence-based medicine instruction, remote user support, and more.

Showcase your library's talents, strengths, and accomplishments by
participating in this project. If you are interested in contributing a case
study, please prepare a 250-300 word structured abstract describing setting,
participants, methods, findings, and conclusions, and e-mail the abstract to
me by March 20, 2003.

Libraries chosen to participate will be sent detailed instructions to
authors by March 31, 2003, and expected to submit a first draft by June 16,
2003.

Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. Thanks.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Connor, MLS, AHIP
Library Director
Anne Ross Library & LRC