On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:51:50 -0500, Michael P. Weinstein
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>No offense, Sharon, but that's exactly what's wrong with this country.
>Hello?? Do you not know what's going on in the world at this very
>moment????????
>

>Miguel (flame away, you know I'm right)

I don't know wtf you are talking about? no offense?

Mikey...get off your high horse.

What does the state of the world have to do with my choices of what to
watch on TV? Is the state of the world going to change because of what I
watch on TV? No.

That really was a stupid comment you made, and I'm not really sure how to
take it.

BTW, I think Survivor is one of the most entertaining shows on TV these
days. You can't write a better script. If you've never watched it, you have
no idea. Its ok, I won't think any less of you if you've never seen it. I
will only think less of you because you attacked me for no apparent reason,
under the guise of "no offense". Maybe all the stress of this war and our
stupid president is getting to you Mikey. Are you of draft age? Maybe
that's why you are so upset. I would be too. Since I don't know you, I can
only guess that you are probably pretty young and have a lot to learn about
people and tolerance of others and their differences, and that you cannot
blame the state of our country on a TV show, or someone's choice of a tv
show...I'm not really sure which you are blaming for our country's ills.

I'm sorry if my hour of TV enjoyment is not politically correct by you.
BTW, I watched South Park during the networks coverage of the war while
participating in the chat (just to be totally un-pc). I also watched some
of the network coverage, but found that it was extremely disturbing. The
media was treating it like a sports event. When they said "We'll show the
instant replay" I couldn't believe it and switched back to South Park for
some laughs. Gotta laugh when things seem grim. That can be good therapy.
You should try it.

Maybe it would have been more PC to be listening to Public Radio, but I'd
miss the instant replay.

One thing I've learned in my life is to be tolerant of others and their
difference of choices. It is a free country. Maybe you'll learn to be more
tolerant when you grow up, Mikey. I bet a coupla years in the military
would help with that.

I look forward to an apology.

L.A. Sharon