I have seen what I believe to be a falcon at Red Rocks Park.  I
have seen it flying by, quite fast and it looked uniformly dark on the
top.  When it perched in a tree I could only see it from the rear. It
was facing someone's back yard so I could not get a good look with
my scope.  The tail is barred; the underparts I could see of the belly
a dark tan or brown and white.   It sounded like a Merlin (according
to my software program) but I have been told that is very unlikely.
Four times it has been perched briefly on trees on the first downhill
section of the road which turns left just after the entrance to the
park, on the left side of the road.  The bird was present Sat and
Sun mornings and on Sunday afternoon (a flyby only)  It is very
vocal when flying, high pitched.

If anyone IDs this bird I would love to have you let me know what it
is.  I plan to keep trying.  Thanks.