I'm fortunate to have a field near my home where woodcocks perform their
mating flight.  After a week or so of regular displays each evening at
dusk, I haven't seen any activity for the last week.  I've researched
this and gotten two different views: the first that there is only a
brief window in the spring during which the woodcock engages in this
behavior and the other that they carry it on right through the spring
and even into the summer.  What is the opinion of those of you with more
experience than I?  Are they probably already done for the year?  Or
should I persist in seeking them out?

Paul Johnston
Across the lake but in your bio-region