Wow, Bryan! Those hapless semipalm plovers must certainly be a new early
record for VT if not for New England. I did a quick search of BIRDEAST
RBA's, and the most recent reports anywhere in the northeast are of a single
bird from Stone Harbor, NJ in late January, and of a couple of birds at Cape
May in mid-January. A quick perusal of eBIRD shows a single bird in NJ in
mid March. Nothing on MASSBIRD recently. Lots of reports of PIPING PLOVER. -
Wayne
Wayne Scott
Compiler, VT Rare Bird Alert

416 Hanover Center Road