Just driving some back roads yesterday in Huntington we spotted- from the
car! - a winter wren just hopping around on a small pile of sticks.. Also in
Huntington were 6 bluebirds , the most we'd ever seen at once, and a pair of
woodducks swimming in the Huntington river.
We saw two Sharpies in Hinesburg, one flying like a stealth bomber below
radar and then diving into a song sparrow.
At Shelburne Bay we saw male and female buffleheads, ring necks and common
mergs. And a killdeer.
Today there was a phoebe at Blaise's store on 116 and a kingfisher on the
Hollow Rd. between Hinesburg and Huntington.
Nothing much new at the house- just the usual chickadees, juncos, hairies,
downies,nuthatches and ravens. Oh I forgot I believe a bald eagle on our sick
road. We actually had one nesting nearby- according to a neighbor- last year/

Laurie in Starksboro