Dear Geoff,

you may want to read the following papers:
Glaser, B., Amelung, W. 2002. Determination of 13C natural abundance of
amino acid enantiomers in soil: methodological considerations and first
results. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 16, 891-898.

Schmitt, J., Glaser, B., Zech, W. 2003. Amount-dependent isotopic
fractionation during compound-specific isotope analysis. Rapid
Communications in Mass Spectrometry 17, 970-977.

Meier-Augenstein, W., Watt, P. W., Langhans, C. D. 1996. Influence of gas
chromatographic parameters on measurement of 13C/12C isotope ratios by
gas-liquid chromatography-combustion isotope ratio mass spectrometry.
Journal of Chromatography A 752, 233-241.

Meier-Augenstein, W. 1997. The chromatogrphic side of isotope ratio mass
spectrometry: Pitfalls and answers. LC GC International, 17-25.

Kind regards

Bruno

Dr. Bruno Glaser
Lehrstuhl fur Bodenkunde und Bodengeographie
Universitat Bayreuth
D-95440 Bayreuth
Deutschland
Phone: ++49-921-552254