Hi all -

Work has begun on an update to the Vermont Educational Technology Plan.
While the original plan was reviewed and some new recommendations formulated
back in 2000, we have held off any significant efforts until we received
some direction from the US Department of Education. With the advent of the
No Child Left Behind Act, and the subsequent information beginning to flow
regarding some of the technology accountability recommendations, work on the
new Vermont plan has begun. Many thanks to the Vermont Institutes for their
support in helping us manage and coordinate this work. In addition, many
people have already contributed to the development of the plan and we will
be sure to recognize those folks as the plan emerges.

All information, resources, drafts, etc. of the developing state plan will
be housed on the Educational Technology page at the Department's site:
http://www.state.vt.us/educ/new/html/pgm_edtech.html Click on the "State
Plan" to go to the specifics. Please pay special attention to the "Six
Elements" found on this page as the State Plan will be built around these
elements.

Subsequent e-mails will describe in greater depth the processes and
procedures we will follow in order to give you the opportunity to contribute
to its' development.

As announced previously, local technology plans that were updated in July
2002 will remain approved until the new State Plan is completed or at least
until December 31, 2003.

If you have questions or need clarification about the processfor developing
the plan, please feel free to contact me.

Bill Romond

Educational Technology Coordinator
Vermont Department of Education
120 State Street