Paul,
Thanks for responding. We teach MS Office applications on iMacs with Macintosh
Manager.  Having worked on MSWord on a PC in a business setting, I only minor
differences.  Some community members are pressing for PCs , one making that
broad statement about high schools in Vermont. As our students do not even see
the desktop, I see no reason to moving to PCs which I have found to be less
robust and more prone to student mischief.
Jane