We have done a fair amount of work measuring reactive hyperemia.  We
published some of it a long time ago in the Journal of Vascular
Technology 14:163-165, 1990.  The title was "Is reactive hyperemia a
reliable indicator of impending bypass failure".  We found patients with
poor hyperemic blood flow were more likely to occlude their
infrainguinal bypass grafts.  Please contact me directly if you want to
talk more about this.

Ann Marie Kupinski
Karmody Vascular Laboratory
Albany Medical Center
Albany, NY

My name is Doug Rhodes and I am a vascular student at Coosa Valley
Technical College.  This quarter, I am presenting a report on reactive
hyperemia.  However, I am having trouble finding information, since
reactive hyperemia is not performed as frequently as in the past.  I
would
appreciate any information on reactive hyperemia testing of the lower
extremities, upper extremities, advantages and disadvantages, etc.
Thank
you for your cooperation and help.

                                   Doug Rhodes